I’ve been working on a side project over the past couple weeks. It’s called GroupChat, and it’s designed to make communication on college campuses much more open and efficient. It allows students to join group chats for their individual classes, and provides a place for students to chat online with people at their campus.
It’s got unique features pulled from all sorts different places, but the goal is simple: make college easier. Here’s a few awesome features we’ve got so far:
- Campus Weather
- Campus News - sourced from campus news outlets and user tips
- We’re hosting a live stream of the last presidential debate
- Class Groups - just enter your class and section numbers and you’re in!
- Create groups for anything - topics of interest, clubs and more.
- If you can’t find a topic, you can always chat in the main chat or in the Anonymous Q&A chat, which lets students speak their minds.
I’ve also got tons of more ideas and plans for it, so check back often!
2016-10-15- Initial Revision
Found a typo or technical problem? file an issue!