- Soldering Iron & Accessories
- I’ve been using this one from Adafruit for just about two years. In the photo above, you’ll see the temperature control in the top-left, attached to the middle of it’s power cord.
- I also quite like this Hakko Soldering Tip from Adafruit which fits on it.
- I use this stand w/ sponge.
- I also usually use lead-free solder, like this SAC305 spool from Adafruit
- I’m still evaluating PCB clamps so I’m yet to issue a recommendation here.
- Screwdriver Set
- I’d highly recommend one of iFixit’s screwdriver sets. Their Pro Tech Toolkit contains a ton of screwdriver bits, prying tools, and other things useful for electronics repair.
- Multimeter & Logic Probe
- I’ve been using the Etekcity MSR-U1000 multimeter I purchased for college classes, which is fine for my use.
- I’ve also been using the TENMA 72-500 Probe & Pulse, which I also purchased for college classes. It works good, but since I don’t do too much logic design it doesn’t really matter.
- Pliers & Prying Tools
- These Cable Ties are amazing!
2020-05-25- Initial Revision
Found a typo or technical problem? file an issue!